|Home based – London and the South
Operations Contracts Manager
Full-time / 37.5 hours per week – mix of site and office-based working
What we’re looking for
This is a dynamic role within the Field Service Operations Team. Principally contributing on multiple levels within a lively service delivery environment towards the high level of project service and delivery our customers are used to, which differentiates us from the rest of the market.
Working closely with all members of the diverse Operations team, you will primarily cover the London and the South UK for all operational activities. From a home base and guided by head office operations team you will be involved in Installation, Maintaining, Commissioning of Traffic Measurement Equipment, Specialist project installations, Traffic signalling equipment and Clearview product installation/ commissioning on multiple contracts for Highways England, Local Boroughs and Private Sectors.
This London based Field Service Engineer is a key role within the business, and has excellent opportunities for the right candidate to progress within the Operational team. With a drive to learn and leveraging core abilities and experience, this role plays an important part in the continued success of the company with potential opportunities for long-term career progression for the right individual, including:
- Senior / Project Engineer
- Technical Support / Development Engineer
General Skills Requirements
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, PC and Software terminal skills
- A confident and natural communicator, with excellent and accurate verbal and written Englis.
- First-rate self-organisation, self-motivation and time management
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Articulate and numerate
- A logical fault finder and problem solver
- A careful eye for detail
- Remote / Solo working
- Working at height (powered platforms, ladders etc)
- Results driven and determined
- Detail conscious
- Proactive and able to take the initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships
- Customer experience focused
- Fast learner with an interest in technology
- Likes to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work and a readiness to support others
- Well presented with a professional manner
- Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas as required
- Able to cover Flexible hours, and work away from home for short periods
Role Specific Skills
- Previous experience of working on the Highways would be advantageous
- Previous experience of working on TME / ATC / ANPR and Traffic Control Equipment would be advantageous
- Highways Electrical Certification / Testing skills would be advantageous
- Existing portfolio evidence for the Highways Electrical Registration Scheme (HERS) would be advantageous
- CSCS Highways Certification would be advantageous
- SWQR Operative or Supervisor Qualifications will be advantageous
- Tech savvy: comfortable with PC based technology and technical concepts
- Familiar with the use of power tools , generators, coring rigs will be advantageous
- Detail oriented: pride and passion in getting it right first time and making sure activity is well communicated internally & externally
- Team player: relates well to different characters and personalities in the team and gets their own hands dirty to work with them to ensure the best outcome for our customers
- Ideally some direct exposure of working face-to-face with customers and subcontractors
- Clean UK driving license
Circumstances of the Job:
This is a full-time role and comes with a suitable highway work vehicle . The company offers a contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period) and 25 days annual leave (+8 days bank holiday).
The post holder will be based at Home and would report to the Milton Keynes headquarters.
Applications should be sent to Tessa.Mills@clearview-intelligence.com including an up-to-date CV and a covering email as to why you believe you are the right fit for this role.