Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Director of Solutions
Full-time / 37.5 hours per week – Milton Keynes/ Field based
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for technical solution design and technology evaluation ensuring that the solutions proposed deliver against the customers ‘requirements, budgets and margins. This role will require an individual who has operational experience and technical knowledge of the ITS sector plus IT Networking (routers, vpns, comms, etc). They will be required to keep abreast of current technology trends and technology evaluation will be a key part of the role.
The role is field based and the ability to gather customers’ requirements, perform site surveys and produce the associated documentation is paramount to ensuring that solutions designed are delivered to specification.
Providing support to Operations for the commissioning and Site Acceptance Test of complex solutions will be required.
The ability to work with cross matrix teams,3rd party vendors and end clients is key to this role as will the ability to represent the company in front of customers as the principal “knowledge” owner for the solution(s) in question.
Responsible for the successful design of profitable, reliable and innovative solutions including:
Solutions Design and Support
- Support sales colleagues in customer meetings to gather technical requirements where required
- Perform site surveys and produce detailed survey reports
- Interface with Suppliers, Technology Providers, R&D and Operations Team to develop solutions
- Design and propose technology solutions in-line with Technical Solution Managers direction and strategy
- Produce solution design, technical proposals, BoQ’s and costs
- Attend settlement meetings, contract review when required
- Production of Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Sites (SAT) requirements and any associated documentation to handover to Operations Team or 3rd party installers
- Assist the Operations Team in the delivery of SAT’s for complex solutions
- Provide in-field training and handover where required to operations or end-clients for solutions designed or commissioned
- Provide 2 and 3rd line technical support where appropriate and required
- Commission technically complex solutions including networking, software and ITS products
- Desktop and in-field evaluation of technologies and products
- Production of evaluation reports and recommendations
- Identify potential areas for evaluation
- Work with Product Management teams to identify if evaluated solutions should be productised or used with the solutions only
- Provide supporting documentation handover to operations
- Provide input into the companies’ technology and product roadmaps
- Other duties as required
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, PC and Software terminal skills.
- A confident and natural communicator, with excellent and accurate verbal and written English
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A logical fault finder and problem solver
- A careful eye for detail
- Remote / Solo working
- Working at height ( powered platforms, ladders etc )
- Good understanding of communication networks and cabling
- Meet tight deadlines
- Solid people skills, with the ability to encourage, enthuse and motivate others
- Results driven and determined
- Detail conscious
- Proactive and able to take the initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships
- Customer experience focused
- Fast learner with an interest in technology
- Likes to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work and a readiness to support others
- Well presented with a professional manner
- Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas as required
- Able to cover Flexible hours, and work away from home for short periods
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience of working on the Highways is required
- Previous experience of working with Traffic Control/ Intelligent Transport System Equipment would be advantageous.
- Highways Electrical Certification / Testing skills would be advantageous.
- Existing portfolio evidence for the Highways Electrical Registration Scheme (HERS) would be advantageous.
- CSCS Highways Certification would be advantageous.
- SWQR Operative or Supervisor Qualifications will be advantageous.
- Understanding of CDM regulations, training will be provided if required
- Familiar with the use of power tools , generators, and coring rigs will be advantageous
- Detail oriented: Pride and passion in getting it right the first time and making sure activity is well communicated internally & externally
- Team player: relates well to different characters and personalities in the team and gets their own hands dirty to work with them to ensure the best outcome for our customers
- Direct exposure of working face-to-face with customers and subcontractors.
Full clean UK driving licence
Circumstances of the Job
The role enjoys a competitive basic salary, company car and phone allowance. In addition, the company offers a contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period) and 25 days annual leave (+8 days bank holiday).
The post holder will be based at Home or in Milton Keynes dependent upon location and would report to the Milton Keynes headquarters. A clean driving licence is highly desirable, as there will be a requirement to travel to parts of the UK. Overnight stays away from home may also be necessary on occasions and overseas travel may be required from time to time to attend international exhibitions or visit partners.
Please submit your application by Friday 7th June 2022.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, including an up-to-date CV and a covering email as to why you believe you are the right fit for this role.